Frequently asked questionseLibrary
To purchase a paper from the WIT Press website, users must have a registered account and be logged in. The steps below outline the process of purchasing a paper.
- Login to your WIT Press Account by clicking "Sign in", or "Register" if this is your first visit, in the top right corner.
- Browse through the eLibrary section of the website and find a paper you would like to download.
- Add the paper to your shopping basket by clicking on the "Buy Paper" button.
- You will be taken to your shopping basket and the paper you have selected will be shown.
- If you wish to add more papers click "Continue Shopping" to return to where you were and repeat steps 2 and 3.
- To checkout from your basket click the "Proceed to Payment" button and you will be redirected to our payment provider World Pay. Please follow their on screen instructions to complete the payment process.
- Once the payment is complete you will be returned to the WIT Press website where you will be able to download purchased papers from the "My Account" section of the website.
If your PDF's download fails for some reason, please do not re-purchase that product. All PDF purchases are available for re-download for 24 hours after purchase. Simply visit your "My Account" page (Follow this link or the one in the top right corner) and find the paper in your purchase history.
For help with failed downloads, please contact the WIT Press office by phone or email (Contact Us).
If you experience any other problems during the process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Pay Per Download is the standard, non-subscription account. It allows users to access individual papers from the WIT Press eLibrary.
A Pay Per Download account, as the name suggests, requires users to pay for every paper they wish to download. The site provides a shopping basket facility which allows papers to be added to it. Users can then proceed to a secure checkout where papers can be paid for by credit or debit card. Once payment has been authorised, users will be granted access to download the selected papers for a period of 24 hours.
Open Access is a service WIT Press provides to authors that allows them to have their papers freely accessible to download.
Authors pay a page charge in order to have their papers available free of charge to all visitors of the website.
Any paper that has the orange open padlock icon next to it is Open Access and free to download. Users are not required to register an account or log in to access these papers; a direct download button will be available on the page.
How to download .pdf (Portable Document Format) files:
To ensure proper viewing and printing, files are formatted using Adobe® Acrobat® Reader®. If you already have Acrobat Reader installed, simply click the download button and save the .pdf file, you can then view or print the paper.
Any purchased papers will also be available for download in the purchase history section of your "My Account" page history for a period of 24 hours.
If you need to download Acrobat Reader it is available for free from the Adobe website at www.adobe.com/reader.