1. What information do we collect?
We may collect the following information:
Your name, address and the name and address of your organisation.
Additional contact information including email address and telephone number.
Information about your professional areas of interest and details of any article, paper or book submissions you have made to us, including any biographical information.
Information specific to your visits to our websites including the IP address of the computer used, the browser used and pages visited.
2. How do we use your information?
Your information will be used to provide any services you have requested from us and to notify you of any events, activities or publications that we believe are within your area of interest.
Our preferred contact method is email, but we may also contact you by post or telephone.
We do not make use of automated decision making but endeavour to send you information based on your area of work, past attendance or interest in our events, activities or publications.
With the exception of “Wessex Institute of Technology” we will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we are required by law.
We may analyse the information specific to your visits to our websites in combination with other visitors to our websites to monitor and improve our websites.
3. Your rights
The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679) requires that your personal data is only processed if there is a legal basis for the processing, the legal basis under which we are processing your data are:
- Contract, if we are supplying you with a service, such as purchasing a book or journal you are entering into a contract for our services, and in order to fulfil our obligations under this contract we must be able to store and process your data. This will also apply if you make an enquiry or submit a request for a quotation.
- Legitimate Interest, we are pursuing our legitimate business objectives to sell publishing services, articles and publications by informing specific contacts about our products and services that we believe will be of interest. This does not infringe your rights below which can be exercised at any time by contacting us.
The GDPR also sets out a number of rights that you have regarding your personal information.
- You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you. You may request a copy of your data, for which a fee is not normally charged, by emailing us at: email@example.com or writing to our registered address below.
- You have the right of rectification. If you believe that any information we hold on you is incorrect or incomplete, please inform us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- You have the right to erasure. If you no longer wish us to hold your personal information we will fully comply with this request except for any invoices or other data that is necessary to fulfil any services that have been previously requested or may be required for accounting or other legal and regulatory purposes.
- You have the right to limit or restrict processing of your data. Please note that this may cause issues with delivering services to you. Please contact us to discuss any concerns you have regarding the processing of your data.
- You have the right to data portability. You may request that data we hold about you is transferred to another organisation. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to our registered address below with details of the transfer required.
We will always endeavour to uphold your rights regarding the processing of your personal data and address any concerns you have regarding the processing of your data. However, if you feel that we have not complied sufficiently with your requests please contact the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) who is the supervisory authority for all data issues in the United Kingdom.
WIT Press is committed to ensuring your information is protected and held securely. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. However, the internet is not a secure medium and WIT Press cannot accept responsibility for the security of an email during transmission or for non-delivery of that email.
5. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, if you use these links you will leave our website and you should note that we do not have any control over the accuracy of the information presented or the processes implemented by other websites. Therefore we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other websites and such websites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.